Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcome

Hi, and welcome to Violins in Metal! I started this blog because I have been noticing more and more people on sites such as Yahoo! Answers posting questions about finding metal bands that use violins. As a nerdy violin player and metal fan, I have spent many years browsing the net in search of such bands, too, so I thought I would post my favorite examples of violins in metal and other similar genres of rock, as a resource for those who want to listen to this kind of music, and as a resource for violinists in metal bands who are looking for ideas on arrangements and writing their own parts.
I am a bit nervous, since I am not an expert blogger nor a very eloquent writer, but what better way to improve than to "just do it"? Anyways, I hope this is helpful to some of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment